What is a difference between a Poster and a Vintage Print?
Vintage prints are authentic book plates from the 19th-20th century. They come in fixed sizes, ship only from Switzerland and are in very limited quantities.
Posters are high-quality reprints of those prints, available in a choice of larger sizes. They are printed just for you in the location closest to you.
Where will my Poster be produced?
The charm of antiques, the durability of modern printing!
Printing and shipping large posters from Switzerland would incur very high costs. This is why we have chosen to work with a high-quality printing partner with worldwide production facilities, to minimize shipping costs, delays and ecological impact.
• USA customers : prints & canvases produced in North Carolina (USA).
• Canada customers : prints produced in Canada, canvases and framed posters produced in the USA. Customs fees and VAT may be applied to your canvases and framed posters' orders as they have to go through an international border.
• EU customers : prints & canvases produced in Latvia or in Spain, within the EU.
• UK customers : prints & canvases produced in the UK.
• Australia/NZ customers : prints & canvases produced in Australia.
• Other customers : prints & canvases produced in the closest location. Extra Customs fees and VAT may apply to your order as they have to go through an international border.
How long will it take for my poster/canvas be produced?
Typical production time is 1 to 5 business days. Production usually starts immediately after your order is placed.
How will my poster/canvas be packaged?
Posters ship rolled in a cardboard tube. Shipping takes 3 to 10 business days depending on the shipping method that you select. The mat and frame are NOT included.
Canvases are shipped flat as they are stretched.
Which kind or paper will my poster/canvas be printed on?
• Archival durable white paper
• Paper thickness: 10.3 mil
• Paper weight: 5.6 oz/y² (192 g/m²)
• Giclée printing quality (high quality printing techniques)
• Opacity: 94%
• 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating
• EPSON SC80610/80600 ink
How was my poster/canvas created?
Posters/canvases are made by scanning original French vintage prints at very high resolution. The original prints were intended to be seen at a much smaller magnification so that some printing defects, present in the original, may appear with a large size poster. I have chosen to keep these defects as they are part of the charm of antique prints.
Will my poster/canvas have a margin?
Please check the product pictures for an idea of the proportions for each size. Each poster/canvas has a margin all around for easy framing. Margins' sizes vary with each format as the original illustrations were created at specific formats which are not necessarily identical to modern print formats. Please check the images for reference.
𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗦/𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦: Your item is print-on-demand and production usually starts immediately after your order is confirmed, which makes cancellations impossible but please contact me if there is a problem with your order.
Returns are possible only in the case of a production mistake. Please message us within 7 days of delivery to initiate a return.